27 Apr 2023
Day of Immunology - Careers in Biomedical Science Steminar
10 May 2023
4.30 - 6.00pm
To celebrate International Day of Immunology (29 April) we are hosting an online “Careers in Biomedical Science STEMinar”. This seminar is open to the general public but is of particular interest for high school students, teachers, undergraduate and postgraduate students with aspirations to work within the Biomedical Sciences.
The one and a half hour online seminar will cover the diverse experiences of our insightful panellists covering undergraduate and postgraduate studies to working in a wide range of occupations, including both academic and commercial research as well as adjacent vocations such as science education and communication. The seminar includes an open forum style Q&A and discussion with all panellists, so don’t be shy if you have a burning question.
Please note that this zoom webinar will be recorded and made available on demand on the ASI Facebook page.
- A/Prof Sophie Valkenburg (Lab Head, University of Melbourne)
- Dr Jess Borger (Science Education Specialist, WEHI)
- Dr Danika Hill (Research Group Leader, Monash University)
- Dr Sinth Jegaskanda (Business Development Manager, Myrio Tx)
- Ms Trang Nguyen (Research Assistant, Monash University)
- Prof Patrick Reading (Senior Scientist and Educator, WHO CCRRI and University of Melbourne)
Registration for the webinar is now open via ASI website. Register before midnight Monday, 8 May for your FREE ticket to this fabulous event.
The zoom link will be emailed to all registrants the day before the event.